The :30 “WOW”
Statistically, 75% of persons diagnosed with High Functioning Autism / Asperger Syndrome are either under or unemployed. This is a travesty for them, their families, society and businesses. These staggering numbers cannot be ignored! There are various reasons for unemployment mainly the challenges that come with autism such as sensory sensitivities and workplace social expectations.
However, alongside challenges, there are many positive traits such as:
- Ability to focus intensely for long periods
- Enhanced learning ability
- Deep knowledge of an obscure or difficult subject resulting in success scholastically and professionally when channeled.
- Honest & hard workers who make for excellent employees when painstaking & methodical analysis are required.
Aspergers101 is proud to offer our readers suggested ways to overcome employment challenges, specifically the interview process. Dr. Temple Grandin is known worldwide for her successes with invention but in order to get to that plateau, she had to self test ways to get her foot in the employment door. As a person diagnosed with Autism, Temple share those personal techniques and interview skills below.
Don’t go into an interview cold turkey…prepare a well thought out presentation!
Neatly show your work, presentations, articles, etc.
Wow them with your work examples in :30!
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Merry Christmas! - December 25, 2019
- Texas Embraces Driver License Designation for those with Autism or Hearing Impaired - December 19, 2019
- Give the Gift of Information! - December 9, 2019
- What If It Snowed In San Antonio? - December 6, 2019
- Apart From the Crowd: Isolation in the Early Years of Diagnosis - December 4, 2019