Challenges to Spectrum Success
- A child is born into the world
- Parents don’t expect what challenges a child could bring
- Your child doesn’t make eye contact
- Your child does not respond to their name
- Your child does point or acknowledge you
- Your child does not understand social or gestures to communicate
- Your child does not make noise
- Your child does not respond to being picked up or cuddled
- Your child does not use facial expressions
- Your child does not play with others
- Your child does not share interest or enjoyment with others
- Your child does not respond to or understand your emotions
After an extensive career broadcast marketing, Jennifer and her husband searched for answers when their oldest son hit the kinder years with great difficultly. After finally learning that their oldest son had Aspergers Syndrome, she left her career in television and became a full time mother to both of her sons. Jennifer elicited the participation of her sons and together they produced several independent programs including a children’s animated series titled Ameriquest Kids (now distributed by Landmark Media) as well as her documentary and book titled, Coping to Excelling: Solutions for school-age children diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism or Aspergers Syndrome.
The need for more information encouraged Jennifer to elicit a team of autism experts to provide weekly, original content to a website free to anyone seeking to live their best under the diagnosis of High-Functioning Autism/Aspergers Syndrome… appropriately titled: Aspergers101.com.